Sunday, July 10, 2016

It's Time!!

I am sitting in the airport, waiting to depart New Orleans, praying the weather and airline cooperate so I can arrive in San Diego this evening. As I'm watching the rain fall (of course it storms an hour before my flight...please no delays, please no delays), I think about this journey. I dreamed of this week training in San Diego, dreamed of Wyatt having a service dog, and it's all here!

I'm so grateful for all of those who donated, shared our stories with others, and listen to me talk about this opportunity a million times! The next five days, I will participate in training from 8am- 5:30pm (quizzes included, please pray I pass). On Saturday, Blaze will graduate from a service dog "in training" to a service dog.  I'm so thankful that my sister and her family will join me at graduation, as I know this will be such a memorable day in my life!

I keep reminding myself to be present, feel, and acknowledge the emotions as they present themselves. Monday through Wednesday evening we are instructed, that after training, we are not to have human contact, as an opportunity to bond with our dogs. I am so looking forward to this time with Blaze, also reminds me of how fortunate I am that Blaze's trainer, Sam, has been so open to meeting us prior to this training. I feel like I have a head start in the bonding process! Hopefully, Blaze is as excited to see me, as I am to see him!

Today I feel beyond excited, so ready for this opportunity for our family! I feel sad, as it is hard to say goodbye to Eddie and the boys for a week ( River told me at least 40000 times how much he will miss me and why can't daddy go). I'm nervous, when you want something so bad for your child, I hope that I do well! And again, I feel grateful for this opportunity, grateful for all those who have helped make this happen!

I will try to provide a quick update daily for those who would like to follow my journey this week!




2 comments:

  1. You can do this! Such an amazing mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on everything, Natasha! You have inspired me to write my own blog and I intend to use BlogSpot, too.
    Thanks and Love, Bob B.

    ReplyDelete